Tuesday 13 February 2018

Something Like This?

Here is the hanky I want to make for a birthday... but I don't have much time at all!  So I'm going with a one-shuttle edging because they are faster to work.  I slightly adapted a vintage edging (just changed a stitch here and there) and figured out how to go around the corner with it.  It's simple but I think it's pretty.

The only problem is... what colour?

I'm away from home at the moment and these are the only three colour choices I have brought with me.  Neither green is quite perfect (I have waaaay fewer colours in my stash of size 40).  The purple variegated is the best match but I always find you lose the lovely shape of the lace when using variegated as your eye is distracted by the colour changes.  I made more of the brighter green as I thought I'd go with that but now, looking at it again, I think I might prefer the bluer green.

Any opinions please?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Frivole

10 comments:

  1. That is a tough choice! I agree that the variegated thread takes away from the pattern. I think I would go with the brighter green, because it reminds me of new leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the varagated purple the most it matches the flowers really well and then the brighter green as my second choice. But those two are pretty close in value to me 😄💖😄keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waah! That corner is perfect. I would like to go with that bright green if purple is not available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful-all of them! I would use the purple. Although, yes you would lose some of the boldness of the pattern — I think that makes it look more delicate and lacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple, but I am sure whatever you use is going to be beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't want variegated, I'd choose the bluer green, it's closer to the embroidered leaves than the bright green is. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The purple !! OK, my answer may be biased because it's my favourite coulour... :)
    But I still think it matches perfectly the flower color, and that this pattern is simple enough to not interfer with the variagated color.
    That said, the bluer green also pair very well with the flower's leaves !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the purple looks the best, I am sure it's going to be perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bluer green. The only choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the purple, but then that's me. I have a purple edged hanky in my purse. I do like the bluer green too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!