Wednesday 3 December 2014

A New Bag...

for my mother-in-law.  I have made her a few of these crochet bags over the years (always slightly different) and her last one was starting to look a bit shabby.  So I thought I'd make her a new one for Christmas.  I found this interesting square-bottomed bag pattern and as I put it down, I thought how neat it looked, flower-like even…


I hope it ends up looking more like a bag by the time I'm finished though!  I'm waiting for more cotton to arrive.

Of course, I'll end up rushing because I won't have time to finish all the things I have to do before Christmas!

How about you?  Are you organised early?  Or a bit last-minute?

Best wishes,
Frivole

7 comments:

  1. Interesting bag!

    Desperately behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll show us the finished bag, it looks interesting! There's been a postal strike in South Africa, so no matter how organised I am, I won't be able to get parcels to recipients in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice bowl, that's what i first thought, interesting shape for a bag, looking firward to seeing it when you have finished it.
    I am a bit behind, I have a craft table on Saturday the last one for the year so then i will have time to finish things for Christmas
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I will be interested to see the finished piece.

    As for Christmas, I am desperately behind as well. Have 1 finished piece waiting to be shipped, and 3 more on the needles. For my mother I'm making a pair of wool house slippers and currently have one finished and starting on its mate tonight. For my father I'm making a pair of fingerless gloves - about halfway done with the first. My brother is receiving a knit hat/beanie that is finished and my grandmother is receiving a nice lacy scarf that is currently about a foot long with another 4 or 5 to go.

    Whew! It's getting down to crunch time here, but I think I'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you do have a lot on your plate! They all sound like nice gifts and I wish you all the best in getting them completed in time… maybe not a lot of sleep for the next two weeks?… :-)

      Delete
  5. Très chouette ! Et je viens juste de découvrir votre tuto "Rose and Crown" (merci Pinterest !), c'est vraiment un beau motif j'ai hâte d'essayer ! Merci !
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!