Wednesday 2 November 2011

Frauberger Crowns

Needed to tat something quick so I could get the pumpkins off!  All finished now, Halloween things put away and pumpkins going in the compost bin.

So here is a pattern by Tina Frauberger.  I really like the shape of it though I find the size a bit big.  That center ring has 34 stitches in it!  And I don't like working with big rings or long chains.  I wonder if I should try keeping the proportions but making everything smaller....


Her book is interesting in that it has many variations on a theme.  These crowns are repeated many times with slight variations and in different combinations.  I will be adding to this for the next post, you'll see what I mean.

Best wishes,

9 comments:

  1. The pumpkins are already gone! Wow, we'll keep ours for the week. (It's colder here so they don't rot).

    I love the crowns. I can see a little girl with a headband with this on it for a crown of her own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shape... what size thread did you use?
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pattern, but I agree... rings that large would drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pattern but I also agree the rings being that large would drive me up the wall too.

    Would a smaller thread make them look smaller
    and make a neater edging.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, as always, thank you for your comments. Fox, I tatted it in size 20 Lizbeth. But I've been working on a scaled-down version of it today so should have something else to show you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Frivole. Where did you find the pattern? I have been searching for 1/2 hour with no luck...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful crown edging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed, I must say. Very rarely do I come across a blog thats both informative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you ve hit the nail on the head. Your blog is important..USB名入れ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!