Tuesday 27 September 2011

Yarnplayer's Maple Leaf

I love the colours of autumn.  And at this time of year, I must admit that I miss my native Canada and the beautifully coloured maple leaves.  So when I saw Yarnplayer's new pattern, of course I had to make it!


So here it is, tatted in Lizbeth 20 "Autumn Spice".

Clever how the beads provide the look of the pointy blade tips
that are typical of the maple leaf.

Again, wasn't able to show the prettiness of the beads,
those bright, orangey-red seed beads really sparkle in the light.

Do I need a new camera?
Or a better photographer!

Best wishes,

10 comments:

  1. Your rendition is beautiful! I was thinking of making the leaf in Yarnplayer's Sugar Maple. There are so many possibilities with her beautiful threads and patterns. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatted leaf looks very pretty in this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful leaf and the colour so appropriate for the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely an autumn leaf! Looks wonderful! For a look at some autumn colors, check out my latest blog post. http://suztats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaf is fantastic! And perfect colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, I can see the beads and the pattern is gorgeous,
    well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike.....I made the same leaf with the same thread.....I just love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all! Yes, a great little pattern which tats up quickly. I've been making more. Louine, just seen yours over at In Tatters, you used "Sugar Maple" which I also have and am currently tatting a new leaf with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also used the "Autumn spice" and another thread with yellows and reds but did not post picture of either of those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!