Saturday 30 July 2011

Daisy Heart - One Last Time!

As discussed, I added another row of chains around the Daisy Heart as I felt the flowers were quite bold and required a stronger outline, in my opinion.  As Gina said, I would have made the first row of chains without picots but I didn't want to redo the whole thing so I just carried on adding the last row.  I'm happy with that.



On another note, I love getting things in the post - don't you?  So yesterday I had a nice envelope arrive from Canada and it was from Fox.  In it there was a card and also this lovely bookmark:


Thank you Fox!

This bookmark will be going in my holiday book.

This is an interesting pattern which has pretty hearts in it.  Because Fox used two colours in a particular way, you can't see them so well but I think it would look really nice with the colours used differently to highlight the hearts - can you see them?  We had a thread about a similar pattern at In Tatters not too long ago.  Fox often uses beads on joining picots and I particularly like the little silver ones in this.

Best wishes,

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes! The daisy heart looks wonderful with the extra row around the border. You have a wonderful eye! I love it.

    The bookmark from Fox is great too - such fun snail mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea about the hearts - I see what you mean! I like this pattern a lot and will try it out next time I tat it! That will involve some directional drama... Thanks for the tip.

    Love the way you have enclosed the pink heart - it works.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the extra edge, it really finishes it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I am wowed by that heart. The color choices are wonderful and the added row was perfect. It could not be prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful heart and I love the colourway you have used,
    What a lovely bookmark from Fox, har tatting is beautiful I like her silver beads.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heart is absolutely gorgeous. Is there any chance I've seen that heart before, like in a tatting book or something? I would love to try and make it...!!! Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!